Subject: Re: [Leica] Extender-R Question: APO or No
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 09:47:14 -0800

Bob Baron wrote:
>>> If I am using non-APO R lenses, is there any substantive advantage to
> buying and using the APO extender?<<

Hi Bob,
Not likely unless you have it all rigged on a test bench. ;-)

I'm still using an original 2X extender non Apo on my lenses, apo or
otherwise, including the 280 2.8 and I haven't experienced any complaints
from editors or slide viewing folks.

Of course it would be better using an Apo piece of glass, that's a given,
but would you see a difference? Not likely unless.......... you shot the
same scene using both non and apo lenses side by each.

If you come across an apo for an excellently cheap price, go for it......
otherwise you'll be quite happy with the non-apo 2X.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant