Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Camera bags, was A Land Without Lawyers
From: Photo Phreak <leicam4pro@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 11:20:18 -0800 (PST)

- --- Allan Wafkowski <allan@sohogurus.net> wrote:
> After reading 30 messages, I'd like to alter my first
> answer. I retain
> my comment that if a person needs 100+ messages on
> choosing a camera
> bag, he is better off saving the money for a brain
> transplant--

    This has some validity. but only to a point.  The
decline in photography as a "serious" hobby has closed many
photo stores.  The snapshot people go to WallyWorld,
Walgreen, or Target, etc.  So both information and
availabilty for inspection are very limited.

    I will also submit that the bags in many camera stores
are not high quality, nor well designed.  Fashion trends
seem to be a dominant factor.
    What is the great enemy of film and equipment?
    HEAT!
    And what color absorbs heat fastest in the summer sun?
    BLACK!
    And what color have all the "fashionable, trendy bags
been for the last ten or so years?

    It is a very valid point that bags marketed for other
purposes may actually be more suitable for us than the so
called "camera bags".
    So where are inquiring minds going to find first hand
information?  Or at least opinionated information......