Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Photoshop educational discount (was B/W digital printing options)
From: "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 08:36:07 -0500

Although I have felt the desire to learn PS, because it is the industry
standard, and it is good, I have been put off by its price and all that
"higher end prepress stuff" that you mention.  Does Elements have the more
basic essential/useful features such as layers, lasso, color correction of
individual channels? Does it have the look, feel, and basic functionality of
the full program, so that one simulates it when doing work at the level done
by the average amateur, who mainly wants to make good looking pictures for
self and friends (not interested in surreal effects, etc.)

Thanks.............Julian