Subject: Re: [Leica] B/W digital printing options
From: John Brownlow <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 22:39:02 -0500

On 3/24/02 images@InfoAve.Net wrote:

>At 12:08 PM 3/24/02 -0500, you wrote:
>>I asked for, and eventually received a sample print made with the Cone
>>Piezography process.  My complaint is that when I made the request, my
>>understanding was that the process worked on relatively inexpensive Epson
>>3000 printers.  But the sample sent to me was printed on an Epson 7000
>>printer, which costs something like $4000 (US).
>>
>>For me the whole point of the process has been lost.

I've been using the 1160 with piezo inks for almost two years.

great system. very occasional clogs that clear easily.

stupendous quality!

I've tried the other workflows and without exception they are in my
opinion a PITA. For people who enjoy dismantling carburettors rather than
driving. I never got results close to piezo, either, no matter how much I
sweated. YMMV.

I think I will probably substitute the MIS inks for piezo shortly but
keep using the driver

very happy (and very pernickety) customer

on the subject of the 7000 printer, Cone say (and most testimony bears
them out) that the difference between piezo on different systems is
negligible, irrespective of cost.

moreover for a long time they sent out samples that were *far below* what
the system was actually capable of.

- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com