Subject: [Leica] Re: Photoshop educational discount (was B/W digital printing options)
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 21:18:00 -0600

Matthew:

>Call it unethical if you like, but I really have
>little trouble with those who would pirate Microsoft or Adobe (or
>whomever's) software. Not everyone who would like to can afford Photoshop or
>Office Professional.

Everybody has to decide for himself what rules to live by.  To me, it seems
like those who produce intellectual property should respect others who do
the same.  If you can't afford something, I'd suggest either saving for it
or using a less expensive alternative rather than stealing.  Especially if
you'd rather not have people steal your work.  I think that's important for
photographers.  The Gimp (http://www.gimp.org/) is a pretty good--and
free--alternative to Photoshop.  Paint Shop Pro is another cheaper
alternative.

Eric

Message from "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net> (RE: [Leica] Photoshop educational discount (was B/W digital printing options))
Message from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: Photoshop educational discount (was B/W digital printing options))