Subject: Re: [Leica] Photoshop educational discount (was B/W digital printing options)
From: "Matthew Powell" <mlpowell@directvinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 19:54:05 -0600

> The trick is to buy it at a local College.... the bookstore usually has SW
> at the discounted price, and does not ask if you are a student or not...
>
> In fact, most SW comes to the colleges pretty cheap.....

That's getting cracked down upon, from what I understand. At my university,
I have to show student ID for most products and fill out a form plus ID for
Microsoft stuff.

But I can also get Microsoft Office for $15 and Photoshop for ~$200, so I'm
not complaining.

The Apple educational discount is awful, though. I think it was ~$150 total.