Subject: [Leica] Re: Photoshop educational discount (was B/W digital printing options)
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 18:50:29 -0600

Frank:

>The trick is to buy it at a local College.... the bookstore usually has SW
>at the discounted price, and does not ask if you are a student or not...

Suggesting that somebody steal intellectual property isn't becoming of a
photographer.  Misrepresenting yourself to pay a lower licensing fee is
reprehensible.  How would you feel if an ad agency did that to a
photographer?  "Oh, it's just local circulation."  And then you find out
that the ad was running globally?

And you wonder why John Q. Public has no respect for photographers'
intellectual property rights when we appear so cavalier about other's rights
ourselves.

Eric

Replies: Reply from "Matthew Powell" <mlpowell@directvinternet.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Photoshop educational discount (was B/W digital printing options))
Message from "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net> (RE: [Leica] Photoshop educational discount (was B/W digital printing options))