Subject: Re: [Leica] Robert Stevens PAW 12, Not Starbucks,75mm Summilux
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 08:18:42 -0500

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/PAW2002/wk12alt.htm

I think this alternate is the stronger image than the main PAW.

The alternate's distractions are the OOF head growing out of the main
subjects head and the bright line coming out of her head.  Both could have
been eliminated by moving closer and moving to the right.  A further benefit
to closer and slightly different composition is bringing more of the glass?
wall and unoccupied chair into view.   Possibly going to a vertical would
also help to eliminate the distractions.

The above is not meant to say the presented image isn't worthwhile.  But
street photography is much harder than it looks, there are all these
misplaced elements that if we could just freeze time, move our models,
adjust our props, or take a lot more frames.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com