Subject: Re: [Leica] Leitz Glass
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 08:04:15 -0500

My first job out of college was at a research facility generally doing
original chemical synthesis.  When one or our creations actually did what it
was supposed to do we would make additional quantities for initial studies.

However, when one out of however many thousand really did what it was
supposed to then the pilot plant across the hill would make the kilogram
quantities required while also trying to figure out if there was a
commercially successful method to production.

My point?  That a research facility can make substantial quantities of
product but not be considered a factory.

Hope that was helpful.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com