Subject: Re: [Leica] Just got a CV 90 Lantar, need some accessories
From: Paul Chefurka <paul@chefurka.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 20:38:53 -0500

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002 11:01:57 -0800 (PST), Photo Phreak
<leicam4pro@yahoo.com> wrote:

>--- Tristan Tom <tristan@tristantom.com> wrote:
>> I just got a CV 90 Lantar, and need some accessories.
>>
>> I realized that the round slotted hood for my 35
>> Summicron fits on the CV
>> Lanthar,
>
>    The round Summi hood will not do nearly as good a job
>as the C/V original.  Consider the difference in the angles
>of view.......
>
>    The two greatest improvements for image sharpness:
>1.  A proper lens shade
>2.  A sturdy tripod

I think the hood on the CV 90 is one of the best designs I've seen in a
long while.  It's metal, attaches firmly, gives very good light protection,
and doesn't intrude on the frame lines.  I tried my 12538 hood from my 50
Summicron, and while it fits it's neither as secure nor as protective,
either optically or mechanically.  I'm sticking with the CV hood and its
equally well thought out hood cap.

And the lens is a cracker as well.  It's not the optical equal of the 90
AA, but it's very very good, and it's just such a lovable little thing.

Paul

Message from Photo Phreak <leicam4pro@yahoo.com> (Re: [Leica] Just got a CV 90 Lantar, need some accessories)