Subject: Re: [Leica] off-topic: monitor suggestions
From: Paul Chefurka <paul@chefurka.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 16:43:22 -0500

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 19:39:44 +0100, Pascal <cyberdog@attglobal.net> wrote:

>A 17" or 22" TFT screen may be better for lots of reasons (smaller, lighter,
>clarity, sharper image, less strain on the eyes and no radiation), I
>wouldn't use one for photographic work where color accuracy is important. A
>high-end CRT still rules there.

Have you had a look at the new Apple Cinema and Studio panels?  When I
switch monitors from my current Viewsonic I'll be taking a long look at
them.  You can calibrate them with the Colorcal products, and the colour
accuracy looks outstanding. The high-end CRT may still rule, but I really
think its days are numbered for imaging applications.  I'd be willing to
bet that in 3 years flat panels be the first choice.

Paul