Subject: [Leica] off-topic: monitor suggestions
From: "jrl" <jrleifer@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:27:23 -0800

I work with both color and black and white, shoot with an M6TTL, create
prints/montages in photoshop. I've listened to folks praise certain CRT
monitors, including the LaCie, Mitsubishi, IBM and some others. I have a
friend who gets Sony at an insanely deep discount. Is there a 'high end'
entry in the line worth considering (he claims to be able to procure a $1500
monitor for me for somewhere in the range of $400). Does anyone have
experience with a Sony Monitor? Suggestions on other monitors?  Looking for
two monitors, one of which should be about 21". System: G4 dual/gig,
dedicated printers. Scanner to be determined. Don't want price to be my
deciding factor. Accuracy, reliability, performance is what i'm really
looking for. Value always a consideration, of course. Thanks for any
insights.