Subject: Re: [Leica] Tina's Website
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@idea-processing.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 09:11:26 -0800

> Many years ago I had section on Aperture's web site that they established
> for selling fine art photography.  That site was taken off a couple of
> years ago (lack of sales!) and someone has apparently bought the name
> Aperture-photo to host their port site.  I can't imagine why.  I don't
> think many people would think of Aperture if they were looking for porn.

Many porn sites track expired domain names and then quickly re-register
them for just the purposes we all have discovered in the past few days:
people who are mis-directed arrive at their site! An article in the last
month or so noted that this happened to a church site on the US East Coast
and created quite a furor.

The internet has it's backwaters and is filled with hucksters - in a way
it's almost like living in the American West of the late 1800s or in
California during the gold rush.

Adam