Subject: [Leica] X- Rays
From: John Pakington <johnnie@bbpr.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 08:37:25 -0000

'Travelers should politely insist on hand-inspection of their film.  Carry
a changing bag for use by the inspector and demonstrate how it is used
with a can of fogged film as an example.  However, there is no guarantee
that your request will be granted by local inspectors who may insist on
x-ray inspection.  Hand inspection may not be permitted in some airports
outside the U.S.'

I've just come back from a trip to Cuba where they X-Ray your hand luggage
going IN to the country as well as out. Didn't even bother to ask for a hand
inspection as that probably would have been refused, followed by a full
cavity search. The TMY survived un-fogged although I hate to think what 1600
would have looked like.

The most photogenic country I have ever seen.

Johnnie Pakington
London
UK
E: johnnie@bbpr.com