Subject: [Leica] Keepers [was: David Bailey...]"theme" of the picture.
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@proxyma.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 21:00:50 -0500

Guy Bennett wrote:

"I've heard (probably on this list) that Magnum likes to see the proof
sheets of photogs they're considering to have as members. Could this be the
reason?"

Having been on both sides of the fence, as photographer and editor, I suggest that
the twain never really mean. Consequently, I always prefer to supply editors with
exposed & undeveloped film -- let them see everything, hideous warts and all. They
always find the good stuff I miss, and they feel no attachment to the failures I
cherish for all the wrong reasons.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal