Subject: RE: [Leica] David Bailey -- a dissenting voice
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@proxyma.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 20:52:30 -0500

Photo Phreak (or whoever this masked man/woman is) wrote:

"How true.  In 1968 Larry Burroughs told us neophytes
that if he had three "good" shots on a roll he was
"ecstatic".  His rule of thumb was less than or equal to 1
in 36 ( my wording, not his )."

I am still ecstatic to find one "keeper" per roll. It doesn't always happen! Remember
that this means keepers are photos that meet a particularly high standard.
Unequivocal winners. Hard to define here. Earlier on in life, I expected much more
per roll. Ah, innocent youth.

I've just recently worked with a beginning photographer on a story about the Channel
Islands. She told me she'd shot 700  images for the story. "Don't worry," she said.
"There's lots of good ones."

I found four I could publish.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal