Subject: [Leica] 180/4 lens quality
From: "Langhans, Aram" <araml@naches.wednet.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 12:31:42 -0800

While in Seattle last weekend I ran across a 180/4 R lens.  I have been
vacillating between a 135/2.8 and a 180/? for awhile.  I like the compact
size.  The 135 is very close to my 100, so most likely a 180 would be
better.  The other 180 flavors are quite a bit larger.  He said the 180/4 is
a great performer.  I think I have heard that before, that it is an
underrated lens.  Does anyone have experience with this lens?  Is it as good
as the sales person says?  I am sure an APO is better, but the size is a
factor.  I lived many years happily with a 200/4 for my Rollei SL-35, so the
f-4 is not a problem, for me.  If it performs as well as the Zeiss 200/4,
I'll be happy.

Aram