Subject: Re: [Leica] Canada build vs German build
From: "Langhans, Aram" <araml@naches.wednet.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 09:48:45 -0800

Well, actually, yes.  At least with Toyota.  We had an 85 Camry until 2000.
Never a problem.  Great car.  So, we bought a 99 Camry.  It was the USA
variety.  I know three other people with 99/2000 Camry's, all Japanese
built.  The fit and finish of my USA is far below the Japanese ones.
Plastic panels don't fit right, the carpet doesn't fit right.  Rattles and
creeks.  I had to disassemble the panels and put them in right.  Found most
of the rattles and installed those parts correctly.  I haven't been brave
enough to dig into the carpet and move it a few centimeters to get it to lay
down right.  Summer project.  I don't trust our local Toyota shop.  No one
buys locally after dealing with them.  But I heard they just sold out and
there are new owners.  Maybe there is hope.

Aram