Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: B&W labs (and color, too)
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 07:04:22 -0500

Black and White only?

Call Pam Minor at Photo Solutions in Alexandria. (703) 549-3511.  Pam
does great work on 35mm-4x5. She does it all by hand and will do
cropping and burning/dodging to order.  Last time I checked she also
charges way too little - less than most people's machine prints. I have
also never seen anybody spend as much time or trouble on a contact
sheet.

The only drawback is Pam works exclusively in RC using Ilford Multigrade
IV. She makes that paper sing,  but if you want fiber, you will have to
go elsewhere. I have heard that Black and White in DC are good, albeit
expensive.

If you do go to Pam, grab a cookie, and say hi to the dogs Max & Jenny
for me.

Hope this helps.

Simon Stevens

>For that matter, does anyone know of any decent Washington, DC -
Baltimore