Subject: Re: [Leica] A little Birdie
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 22:56:16 +0100

Logan,

Maybe Leica CH has come to their senses regarding pricing. Their previous M6
list price of 4500 CHF (3000 EUR) was ridiculous given that you can easily find
one in Germany for 2500 EUR or less (and don't forget that German VAT is more
than double Swiss VAT). So part of the reduction may be to simply bring the
prices in line with the neighbour to the north, and the rest to shift the
remaining stock of M6 in preparation for the mass arrival of the M7.

Nathan

Logan Reinwood wrote:

> I agree with you but what was strange for me is that the dropping of 30%!
> which seems to be too much to remain in the catalog at that price
> (for the leica business point-of-view).
>
> logan

- --
Nathan Wajsman