Subject: Re: [Leica] David Bailey -- a dissenting voice
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 07:28:16 +0100

I wonder how much of the attraction we feel for Bailey is due to the fact
that he got to photograph some of the icons of the 60s like the Rolling
Stones up close and in person? In other words, would his pictures be
equally interesting if they had to be judged on their merits rather than on
their historical interest? I am not sure myself. I have not seen this
particular book but have seen a lot of his work, particularly in the
British photo mags that continue to hype people like Bailey and Lichfield.

Nathan