Subject: Re: [Leica] The show you probably missed...
From: "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 18:11:41 -0800

It was indeed a revealing experience and a very pleasant evening. Cool
people (I have always found San Franciscan very friendy), delightful
hoerdeuvres and libation. The music made it difficult to stand still. Even
Jim seemed younger then when I first met him two years ago.

I was very surprised to learn that Angela was such a young gal. After Jim's
bio and seeing the work of an obviously accomplished photographer, I had
expected to meet a much older person.
Her work certainly is worthy of her credentials and shows a maturity rarily
seen until after many years of struggle and toil.
I was impressed also by the choice of subject - and camera, again because of
her age.

I liked her sense of color and form as well as her ingenuity regarding the
presentation. For once, size  and presntation *did* do justice to the
content rather than compensating for medicre work. Her photography is
striking and has a very positive impact from a technical as well as
aesthetic perpective.
The only criticisim I have has to do with positioning of horizon lines. A
few prints had too much empty sky. I tried to find the reasoning for it in
the content but in the end concluded that more careful cropping would have
enhanced the image.

Congratulations Angela, you have an assured future in photography (although,
having been a photographer myself, I would steer you towards medicine or
engineering).

Joe Codispoti