Subject: [Leica] The show you probably missed...
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 16:43:30 -0800

I would like to thank all those who made it to my friend Angela Buenning's
exhibition last night.

I got there at 8pm and there were only a handful of people so it was easy
to get around and see Angela's photographs. We stayed until after 10.

I have seen Angela's photographs as test prints, in the darkroom and pinned
to the dining room wall, many times before, but I have never seen them all
together as an exhibit. To me (and my family) it was stunning!

The method of exhibition, mounting on thin aluminum and held away from the
wall via a small and invisible wood frame behind the mounted photo, was
incredibly great. 20x24's & 30x40's were straight and flat and looked like
they were floating away from the wall. There were a few smaller prints here
and there as well as a large pseudo panoramic of a housing project (a
typical living in Silicon Valley scene) that were equally as stunning.

Those LUGgers, LEGgers, and HUGgers that I saw there were (please excuse
any spelling inconsistencies):

Mike Kirwan, Joe Codespoti, Karen Schreiber, Byron Rakitzis, Steve
Caspersen, Dan & Jillian Simms, Jane Ewers, and I know I missed some names.
I apologize for my old, CRS, brain.

Except for the DJ being not quite fitted to the occasion (my opinion,
probably not others,) the whole thing was a rousing success! The new house
that housed the exhibit seemed perfect for the occasion. And I personally
think it should be left as a gallery. I wouldn't want to live there but as
a gallery, it was magnificent.  :)

I hope you all got to personally meet Angela and I hope that you will air
your comments about Angela and her work. Good or bad. She wants feedback.

Thanks,

:)

Jim

Replies: Reply from "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com> (Re: [Leica] The show you probably missed...)