Subject: Re: [Leica] This sucks -- possible summicron problem
From: "Karina Klaas" <shutterbug@iinet.net.au>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 10:37:25 +1100

Derek,

I had a similar problem with my brand new Noctilux lens.  (I will make a
point of checking all new lenses mounted on body from now on) - the
distributor in Australia asked me to ship it back to them (yes, meant I had
no camera to work with, the only lens I have) and they shipped me a
replacement this week.  I thought it would be a 5 minute, in house job but
they said it had to be repaired in Germany.)  It's not an uncommon problem I
am told.

Karina