Subject: RE: [Leica] OT Wandering: Motor Scooters
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 13:30:00 -0500

Damn, but this list is turning into Literalist World!;-)

I did NOT state that what you would call 'small to moderate' levels of
biking "cause" anything...All I did was tell what I obviously mistakenly
thought was the slightly amusing little tale of what happened when I finally
gave in to all the exercise Stalinists, gave up my addiction to the couch,
and began exercising. I'm really not such a moron that after 17 years of
writing about medical research and health care delivery I don't know the
difference between temporal and causal relationships. ;-)

HOWEVER - I have no doubt what so ever that the asthma problems are at least
partially related to my breathing in, and breathing deeply, far far greater
levels of urban pollution than I had ever before subjected my lungs to.

But that aside, I really enjoyed the biking, and hope to return to it one of
these days.