Subject: Re: [Leica] Absolutely, totally off-topic
From: "David C. Mason" <dcm@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 17:08:40 -0500

Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> writes:

> What I discovered is that Mac OS X is the sweetest, most reliable,
> cleanest, nicest client operating system imaginable. I didn' expect
> that. I expected it to be every bit as buggy as Windows but not have
> the stench of Microsoft. What I found instead was something vastly
> more reliable, and that integrates more nicely into my computing and
> network environment.

The only reason I have not gotten a Mac OS X is that I sat down with
Andy Hertzfeld (one of the original Mac guys) when it was still in
beta and he told me it was the worst Mac OS he had seen yet :)

I don't believe him fully, but hearing his comments on what he thought
were big usability problems was really interesting. He has a decidedly
different view of the computing world and it is one that was of great
interest to me. Still it is interesting to hear your comments on it. I
know there are Mac zealots as with all OSes but you seem to be simply
an interested computer user :)

Cheers,

Dave

Message from Jeffery Smith <jsmith45@bellsouth.net> (Re: [Leica] Absolutely, totally off-topic)