Subject: [Leica] The Tri-X Question
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 08:56:00 -0500

Luggers,
    As my faulty memory recalls things....
    When, Tri-X Pan Professional (that's the 320asa film) was issues about
thirty years ago, it can out in sheet film, 120, 220, and possibly 70mm.
    The film was coated on what Kodak called an "Estar base." This made
negative retouching easier. In roll film, it was not meant to replace the
400asa Tri-X. It did eventually replace Kodak's 400asa Royal Pan sheet film.
    For years, my Dad and I used the Tri-x Pan Pro in sheet film sizes.
(FYI- Yes, I did shoot 8x10!!) I remember trying the roll film TXP but never
changed to it.
    I do recall there was some tweaking of the emulsion, but I do not
remember exactly what was done.
Happy Snaps,
Sal DiMarco, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA