Subject: Re: [Leica] lenswork essay (was & still is something about cheap art)
From: "kyle cassidy" <kcassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 19:57:35 -0800

george asked:

>I wonder which photographer could fill a 6,000 seat venue, and
>how many T-shirts they'd sell ;-)

you ever flip through the print rack at k-mart? (cat hanging from a tree,
kid with a bowl of spaghatti on his head? ansel adams anyone?) ever buy a
post card or a book of images by your favorite photographer? ever stand in
line 20 minutes to see the weegee exhibit at the ICP? in some form or
another, photographers have been using this model forever and photographers
have been getting rich off of making multiple cheap copies of a single image
forever.... with digital photography and printing the line between
"origional" and "not" will no doubt get blurred and eventually, i suppose,
you'll just be paying for the signature.

k "owns lots of t-shirts with photos on them" c

obleica: camera shoppe called -- they found my m3!

Replies: Reply from "Will" <wlarsen@ocsnet.net> (Re: [Leica] lenswork essay (was & still is something about cheap art))