Subject: Re: [Leica] lenswork essay (was & still is something about cheap art)
From: "Will" <wlarsen@ocsnet.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:41:17 -0800

Kyle writes:

| you ever flip through the print rack at k-mart? (cat
hanging from a tree,
| kid with a bowl of spaghatti on his head? ansel adams
anyone?)  >>>snipped

I was given a marvelous set of photographs titled:  Images
of Nova Scotia by Fred Horton, Pugwash, N.S.  They are a set
of 10- 4 x 6 prints dry mounted on light matt board, plus a
heavier cover stock with a dry mounted photograph.  Each
image is signed by the photographer on the matt board.  The
photographic prints are not the same super saturated colors
you typically get with post cards.  The booklet is 4.5
inches by 7 inches and is spiral bound.

My thought is what a marvelous marketing method.  What a
great way for unknown photographers to begin to build a
meaningful portfolio and get there names out.  What a
relatively $$$ risk free way to see if your photographs are
salable.  And if you pick the right topic(s) you have
ready-made markets.

Just a thought,
Bill Larsen, Terra Bella, CA