Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Re: re: Rapid Winders -TOTALLY ON TOPIC
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 23:01:25 -0500

Rolfe,

> > Well, Rolfe, I do know what I'm doing...and I have never had the basket
> > get in my way at all...NOR has that EVER been discussed as being a
> > problem, since I've been on this list.
>
> I think John Collier just mentioned it within the past 24 hours.

Yes, I am sure there are a few who have had the same issue...once or twice,
no doubt, but as I said, it has NEVER been mentioned as a problem as long as
I've been here...not have I ever had that "problem", and I am VERY skeptical
that it is even a common problem...knowing how even the smallest issue gets
brought up here frequently, much less common ones.

> I'm probably the same as everyone else -- I'm not going to remove
> something
> unless circumstances demand it. But I'm also not going to order a
> part from
> Leica to add it unless I really need it. And in this case
> (accompanying the
> addition of a Rapidwinder) you don't really need it.

I do not REALLY NEED it, that is certain.  On the same line of thought, nor
do I need a lense on the camera either I can use a piece of cardboard with a
pinhole in the middle of it...nor do I need a built-in meter, good old
"sunny 16" will do, or even a built-in viewfinder for that matter, just
shoot from the hip!

I find it funny that some people are defending not using this frigging
basket (that the camera WAS designed to be used with, mind you), and I'd bet
that if the RapidWinder DID come with this basket, most no one here would
take the time to remove it...much less even discuss it.

Austin

Replies: Reply from Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com> (RE: [Leica] Re: Re: re: Rapid Winders -TOTALLY ON TOPIC)