Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Re: re: Rapid Winders -TOTALLY ON TOPIC
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 23:32:43 -0500

- --On Monday, March 11, 2002 11:01 PM -0500 Austin Franklin
<darkroom@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Rolfe,
>
>> > Well, Rolfe, I do know what I'm doing...and I have never had the basket
>> > get in my way at all...NOR has that EVER been discussed as being a
>> > problem, since I've been on this list.
>>
>> I think John Collier just mentioned it within the past 24 hours.
>
> Yes, I am sure there are a few who have had the same issue...once or
> twice, no doubt, but as I said, it has NEVER been mentioned as a problem
> as long as I've been here...not have I ever had that "problem", and I am
> VERY skeptical that it is even a common problem...knowing how even the
> smallest issue gets brought up here frequently, much less common ones.

Well, if you expect me to refute the argument that the LUG frequently deals
with mintuia -- forget it!

>> I'm probably the same as everyone else -- I'm not going to remove
>> something
>> unless circumstances demand it. But I'm also not going to order a
>> part from
>> Leica to add it unless I really need it. And in this case
>> (accompanying the
>> addition of a Rapidwinder) you don't really need it.
>
> I do not REALLY NEED it, that is certain.  On the same line of thought,
> nor do I need a lense on the camera either I can use a piece of cardboard
> with a pinhole in the middle of it...nor do I need a built-in meter, good
> old "sunny 16" will do, or even a built-in viewfinder for that matter,
> just shoot from the hip!
>
> I find it funny that some people are defending not using this frigging
> basket (that the camera WAS designed to be used with, mind you), and I'd
> bet that if the RapidWinder DID come with this basket, most no one here
> would take the time to remove it...much less even discuss it.

That is probably true.

However, as one who uses my M3 almost as frequently as my M6's, I have
often wondered as I loaded the M6's -- gee what is this basket thing for
and what does it do that isn't getting done on the M3?

Since I added the Rapidwinders, I now know the answer -- absolutely nothing!

- --
Rolfe Tessem
rolfe@ldp.com
Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.