Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Re: re: Rapid Winders -TOTALLY ON TOPIC
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 22:45:44 -0500

- --On Monday, March 11, 2002 10:05 PM -0500 Austin Franklin
<darkroom@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>> The problem is that if you know what you are doing and know
>> enough to slide
>> the film up onto the sprockets, the basket actually gets in the
>> way. If it
>> is misaligned with the tulip, it can delay the reloading while
>> you get that
>> sorted out and move on.
>
> Well, Rolfe, I do know what I'm doing...and I have never had the basket
> get in my way at all...NOR has that EVER been discussed as being a
> problem, since I've been on this list.

I think John Collier just mentioned it within the past 24 hours.

> I have NEVER heard of anyone recommending REMOVING the basket from their
> regular M6...and the basked is not directly related to the use of a
> RapidWinder at all, exactly all the same issues exist without it.

I certainly agree with that -- the issue is exactly the same, Rapidwinder
or not.

I'm probably the same as everyone else -- I'm not going to remove something
unless circumstances demand it. But I'm also not going to order a part from
Leica to add it unless I really need it. And in this case (accompanying the
addition of a Rapidwinder) you don't really need it.

- --
Rolfe Tessem
rolfe@ldp.com
Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.