Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Don's PAW 11
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 09:27:46 -0500

Eric, thank you for your remarks.  The thought processes about the captions
started in a room where MOMA had placed hundreds of photographs from
individuals who had sent them in response to 911.  Many were quite good and
yet the hordes of people stood like sheep and watched a short video with
nothing special or informative running.  After watching the video most left
the room with at best a cursory look at the images.

Later in the day when we went to the MET which was putting on a show with a
very different take on Surrealism; many although a minority just stood there
not looking at the art.  To pay to get in and not take a look is insane.
Especially since the exhibit was put together to show a side of the art that
wasn't your typical see Dali, see Dali paint.

So, in many ways the images and captions were cathartic as I try to wrestle
with how fellow travelers go through life missing/avoiding looks at life
that they may not share.

Again, thank you for looking

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com