Subject: [Leica] Re: Don's PAW 11
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 04:59:35 -0600

Don:

>Anyway the first selection is from the lower floor at MOMA where this
>individual reminded me of a Buddhist monk in the temple.
>http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=623265

I like this.  It's interesting.  I could see hanging this on a wall
somewhere.

>The second is also from MOMA at their photography exhibit for the WTC
>aftermath.  Of course everybody has been trained to believe that the tube is
>more important than the art on the wall.
>http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=623274
>
>The third is from the surrealist exhibit at the MET.  Again, when there is
>great art on the wall, your watch is far more important(possibly a Patek)
>than absorbing yourself in fabulous images.
>http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=623277

Your captions bother me.  I'm not sure your pictures really work without
them, and the captions are trying to be too witty.  And somewhat
condescending toward your subjects.  That's the part that bothers me.

Would you enjoy it if somebody took a photo of you taking a photo of these
people and put up a similar caption?  "When you can look at real art, why
look at people looking at art?"

Your first image is wonderful and stands on its own.  I had to go back just
to see if you even had a caption for it.

Eric

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Don's PAW 11)