Subject: [Leica] Leica lens color signature.
From: Henry Ting <henryting10@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 15:57:08 -0800 (PST)

I noticed all Leica lens seems to have this color glow
we all talk about. I don't shoot B&W, therefore the
monochrome signature of Leica lens is irrelevant to
me.

The Leica lens might not be as crispy sharp as the old
Nikons I used to have, but for some reasons, the
colors are just more appealing. In portraits or in
candid photography, the skin-tones of both Asiatic or
European subjects are very pleasant to my eyes. On the
similar color spectrum, bright red, however seems to
be a bit too intense. This signature shows in all the
color films I use. While Nikon lens is a bit cool in
nature, I find I like the "reds" produced from Nikon
lens. This is nick-picking, but I cannot help noticing
it. Perhaps the Leica color "glow" that we all find
appealing has this side-effect when it comes to "red".