Subject: [Leica] Kodak plans for b&w
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 17:43:29 EST

Since my earlier posting I have found the following:

Kodak planning push on b&w film market

Kodak will deliver significant improvements to the quality of its b&w film in a move that it says demonstrates its commitment to continued development in the market.

The company has invested heavily in new technology at its coating plant in Rochester, New York, and production of b&w film has been switched over to the new facility. Martin Wood from Kodak UK told BJP that the performance of the films will not change, but the physical characteristics of the b&w negatives has been improved, providing better anti-static protection – on both the face and back of the film. In addition, there should be an improved batch consistency and fewer
harmful effects on the environment as a result of the new process

Gerry
www.gwpics.com

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] Re: Kodak plans for b&w)
Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Kodak plans for b&w)