Subject: Re: [Leica] Bad Ebay Experience
From: kiklaas@iinet.net.au
Date: 8 Mar 2002 01:24:25 -0000

I have just ordered a Leica M6 leather half case of Ebay from a chap
called Federico - (Leica3_Black I think is his trading name), he has rave
reviews about all his dealings and I can tell you I have had quite the
opposite experience - the auction said US$120 + US$10 for shipping,
no mention of bank charges.  He makes contact to arrange payment method
(I wired on the Monday following Sat's purchase) and he says he does not
want to pay bank charges - stupidly because I really want the case I wire
US$145, an extra US$15 to cover bank charges (keeping in mind fx rate is
not in my favour) - he emails back to say he has only received
US$117 (US125 - US$8 for bank charges) and to please send a further US$13
in cash in the mail - I ask him to use my Fedex shipping account, thus no
need for US$10 shipping charge - and so after much frustration - I was in
the situation that I either had to cut my losses - no case or pay whatever
amount I was being held to ransome for to secure shipping of the case - I
did in fact send US$13 in cash in the mail - he tells me he has shipped
case, expect it to arrive (finger's X'd) but like you say - no room for
bad reviews - no more Ebay experience for me - when I pay a lot of money
for something I want a face in front of me to make a noise at when they do
not deliver...

Be aware - folks, avoid this one.

Karina

> The one thing I don't get with ebay is that they allow people to hide
their
> feedback and make it not publically viewable. I'd never buy from someone
> with a hidden feedback, but it's darned irritating when the beggars snipe
> auctions that you have running.
> They also allow non-registered bidders, which is quite beyond me. I had a
> bidder who one my auction, didn't make contact, ignored emails to his
> Hotmail account and I could look up his details because he was an
> unregistered bidder. I was seething by the time I'd beggared aound with
> that for days. To make things worse, you can't leave feedback for
> unregistered bidders, so I was unable to leave a comment to warn others.
> Kinda defeats the entire object of the ebay policy!! Could I do anything
> about it? Not a chance!! So effectively it's free forward for all those
guys
> to bid, not pay and continue doing so without consequence.
>
> Right, now I'm going to beat something with a large stick for a minute!!
> Back soon;-)
>
> -Duncan
>

> Finally, be very careful in selecting sellers from whom you will buy.
The TV