Subject: [Leica] contax T (was Most portable Leica M outfit)
From: "Rei Shinozuka" <shino@panix.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 14:10:21 -0500 (EST)

http://www.photographyreview.com/PRD_84796_3108crx.aspx
http://www.greenspun.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=003Fj5

has the drawbridge door in front, like the new tvs III.
coupled rangefinder, aperture priority f2.8-16, up to 1/500 sec.
focus and aperture rings on the lens, just like a real camera.
sharp 38mm 2.8  sonnar lens.
flash usable at every aperture.  almost silent.  metal body.
slightly fussy film loading, mediocre film spacing.

bad news: they didn't make them for very long, hence somewhat
    hard to find, and when you do, at least $500-600.

- -rei

> From: BOB KRAMER <BobKramer@COOPERCARRY.com>
>
> Rei has gotten me curious about the Contax T.  Anyone know anything much
> about these cameras?  Do they operate like an XA?  Manual rangefinder?
> Aperture priority?  Info or links to info would be appreciated.
>
> BK

- --
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com