Subject: Re: [Leica] contax T (was Most portable Leica M outfit)
From: gb@murphy.bofh.ms (Georg Bauer)
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 18:16:50 GMT

Hi!

In article <200203071910.g27JALJ26317@panix3.panix.com>,
	"Rei Shinozuka" <shino@panix.com> writes:
> focus and aperture rings on the lens, just like a real camera.
> sharp 38mm 2.8  sonnar lens.

Too bad it doesn't have exposure compensation - you have to fiddle with
ISO settings for that. And since it only goes up to 1000 ASA, it's a bit
limited in that regard. Otherwise a really lovely little camera. I use
it regularily.

> bad news: they didn't make them for very long, hence somewhat
>     hard to find, and when you do, at least $500-600.

I got mine for about 250$ (500 DM). And on ebay you often see it for
about 300-400 EUR.

If one really want's something _small_, go for this one. It's great. I
put it aside an Olympus XA and a Rollei 35, it's just slightly higher
than the 35 and a bit shorter than the XA. And the lense is _far_ better
than the XA lense and definitely "stiffer" than the 35 one (those often
wobble a bit).

Oh, and it's definitely not as clumsy to load and use as the 35 (at
least for me).

Did I mention that it is _small_? :-)

bye, Georg