Subject: RE: [Leica] Doesn't ALL Leica gear originate from a "Leica Authorized Dealer"????? - Was International warranty...
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 18:59:38 -0700

> What YOU may call "grey market" may be different than what others
> do.  As I
> said a while ago in this very thread...it depends on what your
> definition of
> grey market is, and there ARE differing definitions.
>
> Austin

Okay Austin, Such as the UK Government, the World Trade Organization and so
on use definitions of Grey Market/Parallel Imports which include a reference
to trade or re-sale. For goods or items to be considered grey market, there
has to be a further element of trade. The "grey" goods once imported have to
be for re-sale.

I'm happy to go with their definitions, rather than make up my own :-)

tim