Subject: Re: [Leica] Really simple chemistry question D76
From: "Jeffrey Frankel" <jfrankel@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 11:53:55 -0500

I don't think your math holds up.

Two liters diluted 1:4 would give you a total of 8 liters of solution (if
you diluted the entire stock solution)
What you want to say is that you will make a 2.5x dilution of your stock
solution (take one gallon and dilute it to 2.5 gallons)
Having said that, you still might not be able to do what you want to do.
You will be making a higher concentrated solution.  Some of the components
of D-76 might be less solluble than others.  As the solution cools, you
might percipitate some solids out that would effectively change the
formulation.

Anyone else have experience here?

Jeff

Subject: [Leica] Really simple chemistry question D76

My pack of D-76 powder says "makes 5 litres". I only
have a 2 litre airtight bottle. Can I disolve it in 2
litres and then dilute it 1:4 instead of the 1:1 if I
had made it up to the correct volume?
Don't laugh, it's a genuine question!
Regards
Jeff le kiwi