Subject: Re: [Leica] Really simple chemistry question D76
From: "Jeffrey Frankel" <jfrankel@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 14:35:47 -0500

I know, Its all in the semantics, thats why I replied 2.5X dilution.  I
think that it is less confusing when stated like that.

If you assume that 1:4 means "one part in four" than you end up with a 25%
solution (8 liters).  If you assume it to mean "one part to four" than you
are correct, you would have a 20% solution (or 10 liters of solution).
In either case Peters dilution would be wrong.
Jeff