Subject: Re: [Leica] Intro + pics
From: "Will" <wlarsen@ocsnet.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 21:27:04 -0800

Grant Heffernan writes:

| Funny you should put it that way. For me, the old, run
down places, and the
| well kept old places for that matter, are what I love
about the east coast.
| I lived in CA for 8 months, and it all seemed to sterile,
like there was no
| history to the place. >snipped<

You have stated my point most succinctly.  These places are
disappearing...many without any record that they ever
existed.  You are doing a great service in recording what
might not be standing tomorrow.

As to CA, well, I would really like to see a photographic
record of all of the building that perished in the 1906
earthquake.  But if you look there are still-standing
buildings from the earliest settlement.

I guess the point is that your backyard is my exotic place.

Regards, Bill Larsen

Message from "Will" <wlarsen@ocsnet.net> (Re: [Leica] Intro + pics)
Message from "Grant Heffernan" <streetphoto1975@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] Intro + pics)