Subject: [Leica] Re: Real M7 hands on touchy-feely stuff
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 04:25:33 -0600

Don:

>The shutter release feels just like an M should with similar feel to my  M6
>but not as smooth as a very used M3.  The hand out mentions a 25ms lag time
>which is about twice a standard M so some compensation might be needed for
>quick reaction work.

Erwin's review about the M7:

>Leica did a good job here: the response times of the electronics are very fast.
>The time parallax between pressure of the shutter release button and firing the
>shutter is 12 milliseconds (12 -18 ms with the M6). Compare this with the Konica
>Hexar RF (100 ms) and the typical single reflex camera (above 125 ms) and the
>current best digital cameras (400 to 1500 milliseconds)

Wonder which one is the typo.  When you were using the camera, Don, did it
feel like it had more of a lag to you?

Eric

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Real M7 hands on touchy-feely stuff)
Reply from "Karina Klaas" <shutterbug@iinet.net.au> ([Leica] Query on x 1.25 magnifier and Noctilux lens hood.)