Subject: [Leica] Re: idiom vs. rut
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 05:17:29 -0600

Kyle:

>so i'm left to wonder -- when is it an idiom and when is it a rut?

I hear ya.  I decided on my PAW project pretty much on the spur of the
moment.  "Hey, I wonder how many weeks I can take a picture of my kid during
her first year and still come away with an image I like each week?"

I started struggling a few weeks ago.  But I'm glad I struggled.  Found new
angles.  Tried to find something I hadn't shot before.  Resulted in my
favorite shot of the year so far.

One of the great things about doing a PAW is that it forces you to push that
shutter until it becomes unstuck.  We're only 1/6 of the way through the
year, and already I can feel the burn.  :)  To put that in terms of a
marathon, I'm at the 4 mile mark.  Wondering if I'm going to make it.
You're at the 56 mile mark, Kyle.  Isn't this your 3rd year?  If you need to
pause temporarily to suck wind, there's no shame in that.  Just keep going.
Don't stop.  Maybe slow down temporarily.  But don't stop.

I bet you that you can't post pictures 4 weeks in a row of fully dressed
girls that have no tattoos, no piercings, no dye, no leather.  Make it into
a mini PAW contest with yourself.  :)

Eric