Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW 9 - Matt Kollasch
From: "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:32:10 -0800

From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@shaw.ca>

> Matt Kollasch wrote & showed..............

> > http://www.uni.edu/kollasch/photo/paw-02/pages/week-09.htm<<<<<
>
> Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  Matt!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> One step more and the picture was made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ted, Mat,

Upon viewing the photo -  and before reading the critique above - my first
impression was that the scene has an aura of mystery, almost as in a crime
scene.
Although I do not like night shots with overexposed light, I believe that
this particular offering is fine as is. If the subject were on the sidewalk,
It might be to mundane a photo. This way the photo gives the idea that the
individual running across the lawn is escaping or running away from
something.

I would have taken a series of photos to insure that indeed he crossed the
walk running and continued running. In which case the scene composition
would have been better indeed.  But if he just jumped on the walk and slowed
to a normal walk, then the mystery effect would have been lost.

Good effort Mat,

Joe

Replies: Reply from Matt Kollasch <matthew.kollasch@uni.edu> (Re: [Leica] PAW 9 - Matt Kollasch)
Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] PAW 9 - Matt Kollasch)