Subject: Re: [Leica] Pondering an R8
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 07:40:51 -0500

Adam Bridge wrote:

> Rich,
>
> I'm pondering an R8. I was thinking about this last summer but now I'm leaning
> that way again.
>
> What I'd like is an R8 in black with passport warranty and a motor drive.
>
> The issue of lenses then comes up and what I'm thinking of is:
>
> 35-70 zoom    and
>
> 80-200 f4 zoom
>
> OR
>
> I'd go for two primes
>
> the 50 f1.4 and
> the 100 f2.8
>
> your thoughts on these choices would be very valuable.

I would make sure you get the 100/2.8 because it is truly an exceptional
lens, almost justifying the R8 all by itself in the opinion of some.

Beyond that, I would go with your personal preferences bearing in mind
that the f2.8 zooms are large, heavy and expensive.

- --
Rolfe Tessem      |     Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.
rolfe@ldp.com     |     96 Morton Street
(212) 463-0029    |     New York, Ny 10014