Subject: [Leica] Pondering an R8
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@idea-processing.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 14:55:54 -0800

Rich,

I'm pondering an R8. I was thinking about this last summer but now I'm leaning
that way again.

What I'd like is an R8 in black with passport warranty and a motor drive.

The issue of lenses then comes up and what I'm thinking of is:

35-70 zoom    and

80-200 f4 zoom

OR

I'd go for two primes

the 50 f1.4 and
the 100 f2.8

your thoughts on these choices would be very valuable.

The lenses do NOT need to have passport warrenty.

I have 35, 50 and 90mm lenses for my M6's. I'm hoping to primarily use the R8
for longer focal lengths and for portraiture. I prefer to use a prime for
portraiture.

I am wary of buying an R8 without the passport warranty because of it's
electronic nature.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Adam Bridge
869 A Street