Subject: [Leica] Re: Bessa R2 New Features
From: "Paul C. Brodek" <pcb@skyweb.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 17:09:26 -0500

Hey All,

I was simply conjecturing that retail/"street" prices might likely be
higher for the first few weeks/months after introduction.  Then once
the first wave of "gotta have it first" folks have bought, street
prices might drift down.

Cheers,

PB

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:42:10 -0500, "B. D. Colen"
<bdcolen@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Well, not every company does business the way Leica does. And I would guess
>that the words "supply and demand" are as foreign to the Leica corporate
>vocabulary as are the words "reasonably priced little accessories" - like
>lens caps, body caps, etc. If Leica were familiar with the concept of supply
>and demand, they would be cranking out the viewfinder magnifiers like there
>was no tomorrow in order to meet demand. ;-)
>
>B. D.

[snip]
>Are you saying that Bessa would lower the
>price if demand goes down but Leica does not do that.
>
>mike
>

>--- "Paul C. Brodek" <pcb@skyweb.net> wrote:
>> Thanks to John Collier for the pointer to the Bessa
>> R2 intro information.  A quick scan of the info & specs shows
>> the following changes over the R & T:
[much snipping]

>> List price for black R2 body is 78,000yen (US$586) and 85,000yen (US$639)
>> for the olive body.  R list price is 68,000yen (US$511), so the R2
>> lists for 15% more than the R.  At B&H prices, currently $440 for
>> the R, once initial demand spikes smooth out the R2 might sell
>> for just over $500.

Paul C. Brodek
Hillsdale, N.J. U.S.A.
E-mail: pcb@skyweb.net