Subject: RE:[Leica] Leica M Wrist Strap?
From: Stephen Patriquen <patriquen@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 10:17:46 -0800 (PST)

I also purchased one of these a while ago in London. I
believe R G Lewis still have a number in stock.

However, while the case is leather (and only big enough for
an M6TTL with collapsible 50, or old 35/2 or 1.4) the wrist
strap is the latest nylon webbing with the "Omega" ring
(best in the business, IMHO) and a leather pad. I added a
spare battery holder off an old Canon strap (50 cents in
the mismatched case bins).

You can also still get straps (leather and plastic) that
screw into the tripod socket (and also screw out...)

>Are you sure they discountined the wrist strap a couple of

years ago? I
was brought a Compact Leather Case last year which came
with a Leather
Wrist strap<

>>Lots of posts on the subject, but nothing on whether
anyone
found a 3rd
party strap that was suitable.<<